Friday, January 28, 2011

Believe to Leave

I'm finally getting over, JUST getting over a pretty bad winter cold. After all, it HAS been (and still is) a pretty bad winter. Since the first snow in early November, it hasn't stopped in Kenosha, WI. Every morning I step onto the deck and there it is, in the air and on the porch, blanketing the ground and smothering the trees. I've not had to travel too much, so its been truly a winter wonderland. I'm ready to move on now though.

Anyway, feeling better, I've decided to try poetry 'forms.' Today's form is the Quatrain. If interested in learning what it is and viewing some examples, visit the WordShop website: http://thewordshop.tripod.com/forms.html. Here you'll find a list of all poetry forms and clicking through will take you to detailed explanations and solid examples.

Mine today is untitled and part of A River of Stones. I hope you enjoy it. And, as always, I'm open to feedback.

I've come to believe
Passing through,
Just passing through
Only means to leave

1 comment:

  1. We seem to be battling the same cold- love the quatrain-very poignant- Americans often think they are just passing through and then end up staying

    ReplyDelete