Saturday, January 5, 2013

Earth

Working on the Trifecta weekend challenge which was to create a 33 word piece about the crust, mantle, and core of earth, interpreted in whatever manner. You can read my entry here. The first piece that almost wrote itself was far more than 33 words, and since I'm striving to write more in 2013, I certainly don't want to discard inspiration. 




Image courtesy of Danilo Rizzuti / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Round and round she goes
The sun above, the sun below
The mighty ball of many layers
Brimming with eternity’s players

They trample through the fertile crust
Drill the mantle thrust by thrust
When the core erupts in righteous anger
They’ll deny they knew the danger

Round and round she goes
The sun above, the sun below
Such a wonder of majestic glory
Deemed merely as man’s personal quarry

2 comments:

  1. Thank You Donna -How are you?
    Your poem has a unique rhythm and moves with a flow as smooth as the Earth itself.Great work enjoyed reading it.Regards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am good, working on more writing in 2013. I'm glad you enjoyed my new beginnings.
      dk

      Delete