Saturday, June 18, 2011

My space

Last night I decided to splurge with a hotel room--to lounge in the tub, eat potato chips and watch tv (there's been no tv in my life for 33 days, and while I'm not a hound, I do like it occasionally, especially news). I figured I would get a better nights sleep where I had control over the air conditioning and the noise level. I was wrong. I was up 2-3 times during the night and woke with a headache--probably because I had control of the air conditioning and set it at 'northern winter.' 

While I was dipping my chips and mumching red grapes with cheddar cheese, I visited my favorite writer's website "Writing Our Way Home" and came upon the prompt by Margo Roby for an etheree poem. You can see her example as well as the links she provides to others. Here is my attempt:


I
Create
I embody
My space, my room
My identity
Colors the atmosphere
Permeates my surroundings
My energy determines me
Positive, negative, neutral me
Projects, absorbs, nurtures, and bears the fruit

1 comment:

  1. I like your etheree, an unfolding of self. This prompt has brought my favourite responses. I love the etherees I have been reading as a result.
    Re your hotel stay, we sound like we may be kin!
    margo

    ReplyDelete